Monday, October 25, 2010

Being a Mommy


Little bit is napping. I think I might be figuring out how to get her down for a nap in her crib without her falling asleep in my arms first. Thanks to my wonderful friend Bekah I have learned the fine art of swaddling works not only at night, but during the day too.

I am absolutely in love with our baby girl. Being a Mommy is everything I thought it would be and more. Yes there are many times that I am at my wits end of knowing what to do, but it has all been so worth the wait. There were many days before I got pregnant that I wasn't sure if I would ever get to experience the joy of becoming a mother. God in his perfect timing sent us a little girl that is so much more than I could have ever have wished for. Every day she smiles a little more and does something that melts my heart. I love each day is a new adventure and I am dreading the day when I don't get to spend all day with her. Slowly but surely I am figuring out what makes her happy and what doesn't.
Yesterday at church Claire wore a little dress that was mine as a little girl. After a small argument with Eric that it did not make her look like a pilgrim and that it was a "classic" dress not an old fashioned one she got to wear it. Dads are funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment